Block Plans with Flex Dollars
View meal plans, rates, and sign up!
Block plans are a great way to save money and enjoy an all-you-can-eat meal at the Banyan Dining Hall. Block plans allow you to enter the Banyan Dining Hall a certain number of times each semester so that you can stop by for your favorite meals or when you don't want to cook, without the obligation of having to have every meal here. As you look at our block plans, consider: do you come into the Banyan Dining Hall to eat more often than you thought you would? Do most of your friends eat at the Banyan Dining Hall? Would it be good to have in case you live off-campus and don't want to go home for lunch?
BLOCK MEAL PLANS
|Block 100 = $1625.00||Block 75 = $1331.25||Block 50 = $987.50|
|100 Banyan Dining Hall entries||75 Banyan Dining Hall entries||50 Banyan Dining Hall entries|
|Breakdown $12.25 per entry||Breakdown $12.75 per entry||Breakdown $13.25 per entry|
|$400 flex dollars are included||$375 flex dollars are included||$325 flex dollars are included|
(Can't be booked by students living in Hale 2, 7, 8, 9)
Also, check out our Anytime Dining Meal Plans.
Meal Plan Terms and Conditions
- All university-provided meal plans are non-transferable unless otherwise indicated.
- Students residing in hales with dormitory-style rooms are required to be enrolled in either the university’s Gold Meal Plan or Silver Meal Plan. If a student does not select a meal plan by the first day of each semester, he/she will automatically be enrolled in the Gold Meal Plan.
- Meal plans are optional for students residing in hales with apartment-style rooms.
- Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary:
- IWORK and Hukilau Scholarship students residing in dormitory-style rooms are required to be enrolled in the Gold Meal Plan.
- IWORK and Hukilau Scholarship students residing in apartment-style rooms are required to be enrolled in the Sponsored block meal plan.
- Pacific Area Scholar Program students are required to be enrolled in the Gold Meal Plan.
- Gold and Silver Meal Plans allow for entry to the Banyan Dining Hall for the meal plan holder only.
- Block meal plans 25 (summer only), 50, 75, or 100 can be used for guests provided that the meal plan holder is present.
- Sponsored blocks cannot be used for guests.
- Flex dollars can be used at all Food Service locations. Flex dollars can be used for guests provided the meal plan holder is present.
- All meal plans will be DEACTIVATED on the last day of the meal period, and any remaining blocks and/or flex dollars will be forfeited without reimbursement to the meal plan holder.
- Students can sign up for meal plans on the housing portal before the semester starts or on the Food Services website before or after the semester starts. After submitting a meal plan request on the Food Services website, it will generally take one business day between Monday and Thursday and two business days between Friday and Sunday to be ACTIVATED. Students may not eat in the Banyan Dining Hall until their meal plan is ACTIVATED. Notice of meal plan activation will be made via an email from Food Services with the subject line, “Meal Plan Update.”
- The deadline to cancel or downgrade a meal plan is the first day of the semester at 11:59 pm. Requests should be made using the Change/Cancel Meal Plan Request Form. Once the request is processed, an email confirmation will be sent from Food Services with the subject line, “Meal Plan Update.” NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN IF A CANCELLATION OR DOWNGRADE REQUEST IS SUBMITTED AFTER THE FIRST DAY OF THE SEMESTER, and the meal plan holder will be responsible to pay the full amount of his/her meal plan, even if he/she disenrolls from the university. Failure to pay the full amount due may result in a financial hold being placed on the meal plan holder’s university account.
- Meal plan upgrades may be requested at any time during the semester using the Change/Cancel Meal Plan Request Form.
- Any requests for exceptions to the above requirements or appeals of decisions on meal plan requests must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please allow five to 10 business days for the appeal committee to make a decision, which decision is final.