Banyan Dining Hall
Thank you for participating in our Naming Contest! We received a total of 986 submissions since the contest was launched
Congratulations to Our Top Four Winners!
The Manuhi‘i Dining Hall - David Preece
Banyan Dining Hall - Katai Mariteragi
The Grand Banyan - Ignacio Santeco
The Crossroads - Cheryl Brenchley
*These names are only suggestions to what BYUH should name their new dining facility. The final name is at the complete discretion of the Board of Trustees.*
We are excited to welcome you to our new dining facility in November 2021!
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook @byuhclubdining to receive the latest updates!
Woodstone Oven & Deli Bar
Salad & Smoothie Bar
Euro Expo & Carvery
The Building in Progress
2nd Floor View Looking In
View of the Dining Room
The Eastside of the Facility
The Northwest side of the Building
The Brick Oven
2nd Floor Exterior Ceiling
Food & Events
French Onion Bagel
Chicken Spinach Pizza
Crispy Citrus Chicken Wrap
Mardi Gras Event
Nutella Banana Chocolate Crepe
Nutella Day Event
Nutella Cupcakes & Desserts
Nacho Day Event
Pull Pork BBQ Sandwich
Smoothie Night Event
Thai Cultural Dinner
Three Cheese Penne Alfredo
Ube Coconut Pandan Cake
Fried Fish in Tom Yum Sauce
Londoned Buttered Chicken with Naan Bread
Official Contest Rules
- All submissions are only suggestions to what BYUH should name their new dining facility. The University will not be obligated to use any name suggestions for the new and official name.
- Participants must send entries through this online form in order to be eligible. Entries received after the deadline, December 12, 2020, at 11:59 pm HST are ineligible, null, and void. Brigham Young University–Hawaii (BYUH) will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. BYUH will not be responsible for entries that are sent, but not received by BYUH for any reason.
- All winners will be notified by phone and/or email. Entrants must provide at least one of the two types of contact information in the entry form. If winners do not respond to the notification within five (5) business days, they automatically forfeit the prize.
- Multiple submissions per person are allowed. If there is more than one person with the same name idea, the person who submits it first will be in favor of claiming the name idea towards winning.
- BYUH may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of the name ideas in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation to you of any kind.
- By submitting names ideas for the Naming Contest to BYUH, you represent and warrant that the ideas do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the name ideas to BYUH free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- You acknowledge and agree that name ideas submitted by you may be made available by BYUH for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with name ideas that you submit to BYUH. By submitting these names, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the name ideas.
- The name ideas will be judged entirely in the sole and absolute discretion of the President’s Council, University Communications, and Food Services. Decisions made for the contest by these three areas are final, while the final name of the dining facility is at the complete discretion of the Board of Trustees.
- All entrants and winners must be at least 18 years of age and can be residents of the US or any international country.
- Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings.
- Weekly prizes for participation given by Club Dining will only be given to those who are available to pick up their prizes from BYU–Hawaii campus physically.
- Neither BYUH nor its leaders, directors, employees, nor assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of the usage of the prize by any winner. BYUH is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by BYUH.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, BYUH in its sole and absolute discretion may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- A contest is null and void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law.
- BYUH reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate any contest at any time without prior notice.
- BYUH reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter any contest details or terms and these Contest Rules at any time.
- No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to enter the contest.
- BYUH reserves the right to require condition the award of prizes upon the execution by the winner(s) of a publicity release. Notwithstanding this reserved right, entry is conclusively deemed to be permission by the entrant to use the entrant’s name (without compensation to the entrant) if the entrant is a winner to publicize the contest and otherwise, as determined by BYUH unless prohibited by law.
- BYUH reserves the right to require the winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility as a sworn document and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize or award.